HLSC welcomes complete beginners to experienced sailors. Dinghy sailing takes place on a 117 acre reservoir set in the foothills of the Pennines in Littleborough near Rochdale and is easily accessible; just 10 minutes from the M62, junction 21.
HLSC is run by its members for its members with a great family atmosphere, has good fleet racing, is committed to training & developing sailing skills and is an accredited RYA Training Centre.
Having recently completed a major clubhouse upgrade, HLSC now has modern and smart facilities thanks to generous support from the Sport England Inspired Facilities fund and a number of our own club members.
2015 sailing season just about to start
Having had a successful Working Party last Sunday, in which we prepared the Club and its grounds for the season, we are now geared up to start our 2015 sailing season next Sunday (1st March).
Other notable dates for this year include:
- Sunday 10 May – Push The Boat Out / Open Day
- Sunday 17 May – GP14 Open Meeting
- Sunday 14 June – Laser Open Meeting
- Saturday 4 July & Sunday 5 July – Solo Northern Championship
- Sunday 20 September – Bart’s Bash 2
- Saturday 26 September & Sunday 27 September – Merlin Rocket Open Meeting
- Saturday 17 October & Sunday 18 October – GP14 End Of Season Championship
22nd February 2015
by Graham Knox
In preparation for the start of the sailing season at Hollingworth Lake, Club members had a tidy up last Sunday, despite the onset of snow.
Club racing begins on Sunday, 1st March when keen sailors hope that they will not have to break the ice to get on the water again. Racing will continue every Sunday and, from April onwards, there will also be a race each Wednesday evening. New members are always welcome to come and have a look.